Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm A Slacker....

So instead of blogging I have just been staring at Nate. Now I could easily blame my lack of updating due to all the sleepless nights, endless feedings, and many diaper changes causing me to have no time for computers, laundry, vacuuming, etc. But that's not the case. I have accomplished the laundry, vacuuming and other mundane household tasks but I find myself unable to attend to the bills, computer, or emails because quite frankly I'd rather sit on the couch, hold my son, and watch very trashy TV that I've never had the chance to watch before.

N is 2 weeks and 3 days old today. We had our first doctors appointment (where he was measured, he has gone 2 times for a jaundice check) today and he's looking good! His birth weight was 8 lbs 11oz, his last doctors visit he was 8.14. Today he weighed in at..... 9 lbs, 15oz!!! Holy crap!I thought for sure I was going to get scolded by the Dr that he's humongous but she said he was right on track and doing very well. He's also gained a half an inch in length bringing him to 22.5 inches. He's in the 90th percentile for height, and 75th for weight and head circumference. All in all, he's a very healthy, growing boy.

In the past 2 weeks, Nate has changed quite a bit.
*His hair is lightening to blonde
*His eyes became more blue (please stay!!!)
*He's much more alert.
*He recognizes Kevin's and my voice and will lean towards us if others are holding him.
*He eats a lot more
*He sleeps through the majority of the night

He loves his Fisher Price Seahorse, loves to be swaddled in the Halo Sleepsack and Swaddler, and likes to sleep during nap time in his Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper. I would say right now, these are 3 things we need everyday. He also enjoys the Sleep Sheephis lullaby cd, and his crib soother for the night. He obviously loves music and noise. He also seems to enjoy the TV. Whoops, just like his mommy and daddy. He really enjoys laying on his playmat and doing tummy time (although he usually falls asleep.)

Overall he's a very good boy. Everyone (myself included) thinks he's absolutely beautiful and perfect!
Now, some pictures!

N at 1 week old!

N and his great grandma

He HATES the flash. That's when he makes these faces!



Tummy Time!




This is me at 10 days postpartum. Still have about 30 pounds to lose!





This is one of my favorites. Taken with my phone.

This is another favorite!


2 Weeks!

Hopefully the next post I make won't be in another 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment