Tuesday, January 25, 2011

31 Weeks!

Well I haven't posted in a while because our regular computer is down due to the Den renovations. They're still in progress (see next post) but I decided I couldn't wait any longer to post 31 weeks since I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow!

So during the 31st week I had a doctors appointment and she said everything is great. His heartbeat is fast (as usual), he's moving around a ton (as usual) and he's head down facing the back (like a good little boy already!) During our childbirth class the Monday prior to my appointment, we were talking about Birth Plans. Naturally I had to ask Dr. C about this because I was unsure whether or not I needed one. I mean, really? Can you really make a plan about your baby's birth? If I had to make one, I can presume it would look something like this:

Tonia's birth plan:
Do whatever you need to do to be sure he comes out safely and that we're both ok.

(end birth plan)

So, I decided it's unnecessary to type that out and hand to the nurses and doctors. I think they'll do that either way.
I'm sure these birth plans are helpful to some women but in my opinion, it's really like setting up for failure. I mean, how can you truly determine every aspect of the way your labor will go prior unless it's a planned C-Section? Considering you can't determine the exact day the labor will take place, I think the rest of the plan becomes shot from that point.

Anyways, on to the bump pic:

The baby is around the same size as last week. Mainly just gaining some weight. He seems to be doing really well. He responds when I tap my stomach for the most part and he especially loves Kevin's voice. Whenever Kevin starts talking in the morning, he starts kicking away. Granted, part of it could be because it's morning, but I like to think it's because he loves his daddy already!

Realizing I only have a few weeks to go, I have to start getting some stuff done! Things I need to do include:
Wash baby stuff
Pack Hospital bag
Take tour of hospital
Install car seat
Purchase any other needed items (I don't think there's much right now)

So far I think we're pretty ahead of the game. We're ready when he is but I'd rather him stay in for a little while longer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment