Sunday, March 6, 2011

37 Weeks= Full Term Baby!

So Wednesday marked our 37th week and put us at full term. Meaning he could come any second.... That's crazy to think about!

This week also marked the first of my weekly exams at the doctor. I had my appointment on Friday and I was a little nervous about it. Kevin came along too because he could tell I was feeling weary and I love that I didn't even have to ask him, he just decided to come to be with me. Of course he loves coming and hearing the heartbeat etc. but he's been very busy at work lately. So for him to come with me and leave work an hour and a half early on Fri meant going to the office both Saturday and Sunday for a little bit to make up for it. He's truly the best husband ever.

Anyways, the appointment went OK I suppose. I am a fingertip dilated and she could feel his head was there ready to go. She mentioned possibly stripping my membranes/inducing me next weekend because he's a big boy. This completely freaked me out. I guess I'm not as ready for him as I thought. I have everything ready but the thought of him coming 2 weeks early was quite shocking.
I'm going to see how the appointment on Thursday goes and if I've made any progress. If not, I'm opting to not be induced and letting nature take its course. Whatever happens happens right??



A Full Term Bump Pic:
I'm gigantic....

Your Pregnancy: Week 37

Today brings two beautiful words: full-term. Now, whenever baby's born, he's likely to thrive. Also thriving? Your nesting instincts, which are behind those sudden urges to bake, clean, or embroider a onesie. (Feminists, take your issue up with nature, not with us.)


Baby's now the size of a watermelon!


Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).


Our checklist is done minus the few last minute things that need to be packed in the hospital bag. I'm hoping for Spring to show up soon. It teases us here and it's making me crazy. Kev and I just can't wait to take Nate for walks with the dogs through our park.

No comments:

Post a Comment