Wednesday, February 23, 2011

36 Weeks!

So he's 36 weeks today and I finally feel 100% ready for him to come. There are only 2 things left to do and that's pack the hospital bag and install the car seat. The bag is getting packed today and the seat is going in tonight or tomorrow. Other than that, we're ready for him! (We may be but my in-laws are not, they're not here yet and won't be until March 11th!! I don't know if he'll hold off for that long though...) The little buddy just needs to hang on for 1 more week so he's not a premie.



On to the pic, I took it this morning in my jammies so disregard the outfit!

Can you see my belly button sticking out? It's like a ramp! If I had to work this week, I'd let the kids drive their Hot Wheels off of it and see how far it flies.

 Anywho, onto some 36 week information.


Your Pregnancy: Week 36

Baby should soon descend into your pelvis, which will give your lungs a little room to breathe (literally). The bad news: This puts the brunt of baby's weight on your hips and pelvis, and will make them pretty sore. Add in your ever-loosening ligaments, and you may soon be taking on that oh-so-adorable pregnancy waddle.

Baby's now the size of a honeydew!
Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

The 36 week survey:

New Symptoms: Very winded. I feel like I ran a marathon pretty much when I do anything. Plus there's still the ever present rib pain. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure, in the 30's for sure :(

Maternity Clothes: I purchased a few things a week or so ago. I got these dresses and some plain button up and maternity tee's.

 

Stretch Marks: Yes and getting more

Sleep: I seem to get about 4 uninterrupted hours in the beginning, then I wake up hourly to switch sides.
Movement: A ton still! He rolls and has big giant jabs that take my breath away!

Food Cravings/Aversions: None.

Belly Button In or Out: Definitely out all the way. Again, very ramp like.

What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. I have literally woken Kevin up to make him get off of his stomach because I'm very jealous.

What I am Looking Forward To: Having him!

Best Moment This Week: I think it was the realization that we're both ready for him!

Labor Signs: None yet. Some Braxton Hicks contractions but those aren't even very common either.




Tomorrow Nok and I are going to get mani's and pedi's from her sister and I cannot wait! Then we're doing lunch and shopping. Even though I've spent the week relaxing for the most part, (minus the fact that Kevin had the stomach bug yesterday so I had to take care of him without getting sick myself...) I'm really looking forward to a relaxing day at the spa and doing my favorite things. I feel like it's going to be a while until I get to again.

No comments:

Post a Comment