Tuesday, December 28, 2010

28 Weeks!

I will be 28 weeks tomorrow. It's so exciting. I read that he's starting to fatten up and if he were to be born now (please stay in and cook a little longer there bud), he has an 85% chance of survival. That's not bad, but not ideal.

On to the bump pic:
How Big is Baby?
Baby is the size of an eggplant!

Your Pregnancy: Week 28

Baby's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). Her skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.









New Symptoms: Sleep deprivation. Ribs feel like they're crushing in.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 22lbs

Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity pants all the time now. I'd say 99% of the time I wear regular shirts. Not maternity but I did have to buy a few regular shirts in a larger size. Goodbye Smalls, Hello Med/Large.

Stretch Marks: N/A but my linea negra is approaching.

Sleep: I wake up just about every night around 2 or 3 am and stay awake for a couple hours. He's not what wakes me up. It's my ribs that are killing me and the bronchitis. 

Movement: Lots!!! I've felt him since 16 weeks. He's a swimmer I'm pretty sure.

Food Cravings/Aversions: None. Never seemed to really have any. Only in the beginning a bit. I do LOVE oranges though.

Belly Button In or Out: 1/2 and 1/2. Gaining more towards out. Le sigh....

What I Miss:
Sleep. Also being able to take some medicine to sleep through the night.

What I am Looking Forward To:
Our next ultrasound. I don't know when it is but it's coming up I think around 32 weeks. I just want to see him again and see how big he is.

Best Moment This Week:
I just found out I passed my 1 hour Glucose test (phew) (to test for Gestational Diabetes). That was the best news so I don't have to do the 3 hour one. I'm sure I would've cried if they said I needed to do it!

Labor Signs: n/a


Some fun stuff: I can wake Nate up in my stomach and I think it's so cool. I just give a little jiggle and he starts playing around. This is why he's pretty quiet at night I'm sure. Hey, it's never too early to get them on a schedule right? Now lets hope it stays that way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment